Sunday 9 October 2011

Imagine by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers, I have a card to share with you today.

To begin with, I stamped the new Graph Paper Background (this is currently on special offer HERE) onto a piece of Claudine Helmuth Sticky Back Canvas, using Versamark Ink, then embossed it with white embossing powder. Next, I spritzed it with Sailboat Blue & Purple Twilight Color Wash, & blended the colours using a spritz of Pearl Perfect Pearls Mist.

I tore a piece of white card to use as a mat for the canvas, then spritzed this with Meadow Color Wash & the Pearl Perfect Pearl Mist. I attached the canvas piece to this, & added orange flower brads to the corners.

I stamped the butterflies from the Insects & Butterflies Plate, & the word 'Imagine' from the Journaling Words Plate (on special offer HERE), onto some card which was also spritzed with Color Wash & Pearl Perfect Pearl Mist. I used Onyx Black Versafine ink, & clear embossed the butterflies.

I cut out the butterflies, & added purple mini pegs, then glued their bodies to the canvas, using Glossy Accents. I tore around the word Imagine, & also used Glossy Accents to attach this. Finally, I attached my artwork to a kraft card blank, lifting the butterfly wings to add some dimension.

Thanks for looking,
Alison x

9 comments:

shirley said...

WOW! This is fantastic Alison!
Love the addition of the pegs.

Helen said...

Fantastic card, Alison, I love that huge butterfly.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's wonderful.

hazel said...

Fabulous Alison, I love how you've used the pegs.
xxx Hazel.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great. Love the grid embossing on the canvas,

Lucy x

Kat said...

love this card Alison,
the vidrant colours are fab,
Kat.

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous card, so striking and so much gorgeous detail!! Love it...
Emma xx

Artyjen said...

Love, love the pegs on the flutterbies!
xoxo Sioux

Marjie Kemper said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it, Alison.