Saturday 22 October 2011

Take a piece of paper.....by Jennie

Hello! Last week saw me taking a few days of classes with Dina Wakley, and if you know me , painting is not my forte, so it was little out of my comfort zone! However one of the techniques we learnt was to make a little book from one piece of paper. Now to be perfectly honest , I don't have any wonderful complete instructions to show you for this, but I will try to explain it in simple English for you.
I took an oblong piece of paper and covered it in distress inks. I didn't go mad and didn't really spend much time blending them, just laid them on the paper.

I then added some distress stains in the same colours around the edges of the colours, and then added White distress stain to highlight in the middle.

Add some stamping. Here I used all of the newer stamps from The Artistic Stamper which are on offer until the end of the month, with a whopping 25% off!

Now fold the paper in half and then half again. Fold the edges to the middle and while it is folded cut up to centre. on one side, so when you open it up you have a cut in the middle.
Then fold again and again until you have a book. It will fold naturally into a book shape. Sound complicated? it is so simple! I did google it , and found this video.

Of course, you can have the greatest fun making lots of them , and then stitching them together!




Just to also let you know the stamp competition ends tonight, so if you have almost thought you might enter, but haven't, now is the time to get your entry emailed to me.
Have a very creative weekend
Hugs
Jennie

8 comments:

Laura said...

Must give this a try. It makes the whole book look very coordinated.

whyducks said...

Beautiful!

Joanne said...

Oh yes, I can see you were out of your comfort zone - NOT. these are amazing. Well done you.
Hugs Joanne xx

Anonymous said...

Very clever & beautiful! Love it Jennie! x

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's gorgeous, I love all the different backgrounds & colours.

Anonymous said...

superb cards , i love the coloring and blooming it is superb i use to make it on Adob Photoshop .

Plastic card printing
Plastic Cards

Artyjen said...

Looks a great way to make the book pages....thanks for the link I'll go and check it out :)
xoxo Sioux

Emma Williams said...

Fab layout and stunning colours ~ it's beautiful, Jennie! :) x