Tuesday 11 October 2011

Top of the World by Sioux Jenneys

I thought I would share a journal page with you today :)

I've used some of the new releases that are on SPECIAL OFFER with a massive 25% off !!! :)))

Grab them whilst you can ;)




1. I covered my page with Gesso using a craft scraper for a bit of random texture.

2. Then I spritzed the page with some home made mini mister spray using Distress peeled paint and broken china  re-inkers....I still can't quite believe it amalgamated into the colour it did with bits of creamy yellow in one corner!!! ;)

3. I stamped the words "Art, Imagine, Creative and Thoughts" from the new releases and the word "Dance" from the Dance plate in Archival sepia and stamped the smaller of my dancers from the same plate on top of the mountain of words! ;) This time in Archival crimson.





4. The word "Life" was stamped in Archival aquamarine onto some card and the new mini polka dot background (just love that) was then stamped in Distress spiced marmalade.

5. Stamped a couple of ink blots from the smaller A5 set..........just love those too ;) and coated the smaller cluster of dots from the same plate with copper paint to stamp with.

6. Masked the dancer and randomly dabbed Adirondack paint dabber in sunshine yellow drawing a few lines with a copic pen on top after it had dried.

7. Keeping the mask in place I stamped the new grid background in Archival aquamarine across the page and started to write in copic pen.........



"Sometimes it's hard to fit all you want to into your life. But on the days you do,

it feels like standing on top of a mountain looking out across the vista...

embracing that top of the world feeling!"







Happy Stamping!!
xoxo Sioux

4 comments:

Sid said...

Great piece !!

Emma Williams said...

I love this...love all the colours and the texture is great!! FAB!!
Love Emma xx

craftytrog said...

Wooo! Fab arty page Sue! Great colours! xxx

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love all the different types of lettering. Really cool and neat picture.