Friday 28 October 2011

Vintage Trick or Treat


This is my last make as The Artistic Stamper guest designer for October.

I found this Vintage stamp set amongst The Artistic Stamper stamps, which caught my eye.

I started by making an ATC with "Our Little Ones" thinking it could then be incorporated into a card.

As we are so close to Halloween I decided to use one of TH's embossing folders, also available at The Artistic Stamper. If you haven't tried this technique yet you may like to. I inked the embossing folder on the one side before I ran the paper through it. It gives this great grungy look yet beautifully embossed. The distress inks stay wet long enough for this technique to work well.

With the end of October looming she is today wearing her witches hat and I love the words "Our Little Ones" as these are the main age group of trick or treaters, at least in the UK.

I have had a fabulous time being a guest designer and I thank you for thinking of me. I hope you have enjoyed my contributions as much as I have enjoyed being a GD.

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Hope she does not expect a tenner if she comes to my house trick or treating!!! LOL
xoxo Sioux
Love the hat addition

Jacqueline said...

Oh I love that! How different to see something with a classical feel in haloween! Thanks for the tip with embossing folder too. must give that a go


Take Care


Jackie x

Sid said...

Great ATC - card transform !! Lovely creations.