Tuesday 18 October 2011

Autumn Gatherings

Hi everyone! Emma here and I'm back with my second post of the month using some more of the fabulous stamps that are currently on offer, over at The Artistic Stamper with a huge 25% discount!!

As we say goodbye to summer and crank up the central heating, I think we can say that Autumn is finally upon us and for my post today, I chose to make an autumnal piece in all the beautiful colours that you associate with my favourite season.

So, how did I make it...
I inked up my background with a blend of Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick and Mustard Seed Distress Inks. I then stamped onto the background with the Large Sequin Waste Closed Background stamp and the Grid Background stamp inked up with Wild Honey DI. I then stamped one of the flourishes from the A5 Swirls, Splats and Dots stamps and stamped the "Follow Your Dreams" quote in black Archival Ink.

I die cut some Butterflies from Grungepaper using the Tim Holtz Mini Butterflies Sizzix die and inked these with the same colours that I chose to use on my background. Then using the Mini Polka Dot Background stamp, I stamped onto the butterflies with Black Archival Ink. 


With the Tim Holtz Autumn Gatherings Decorative Strip Die I die cut the leaves and branches and inked them with various shades of Distress Ink. I then die cut and made up a dimensional rose using the Tattered Florals Die and some paper from my crafty stash. Once the flower is assembled and the glue has dried, I then dipped it into some UTEE melted in the Melt Pot to give this gorgeous enameled look to the flower.

Finally, I matted my artwork onto a piece of Core'dinations cardstock, arranged and adhered the butterflies, enameled UTEE flower and the Autumn Gatherings leaves into place.

Thanks for taking the time to come and have a look at my little creation and I can't wait to hear your comments!

See you soon and have fun creating.
Emma xx

18 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

oh my goodness! This is just gorgeous Emma! I love it in every way. The colors are just so lovely!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Gosh that is so gorgeous, I love the flower and have a melt pot on my wish list! I love the butteflies they are a favourite of mine..just gorgeous trace x

Sid said...

Very lovely card !!

Vicky said...

Simply Gorgeous! :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning project, love all the embellies! The rose is spectacular!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the flower you have made!

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous flower and butterflies making a fabby card.
xoxo Sioux

Joanne said...

The colours on this are so appealing and put on the dark background make them even more so. been admiring that autumn strip for ages but it being a Sizzlet haven't bothered. Seeing it cut coredinations card means I now want it. Here I come again Jennie!!
Hugs Joanne xx

craftytrog said...

Simply stunning Emma! Love everything about this wonderful piece of Autumn art!
Alison x

craftimamma said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! The colours are so dramatic and the elements you have used really beautiful.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That rose is so beautiful. In fact, I love the whole card, and the colours are so perfect.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Autumnal piece Emma, love the rich warm tones and the rose is stunning. Tracy x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that's very beautiful. I love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful creation Emma! I love the strong colours you've used and the whole design is just perfect. xx

Kat said...

such a gourgous card,
love it!
kat.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!! I love Tim Holtz products...most of my creations contain at least one of them. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

gorgeous Emma! I thought the rose was made from vinyl, looks amazing :o)

Sarah x

Maria said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful, but that flower is something else! It's stunning! Maria x